HOW TO SHOOT THE 10 MUNITES GST301 VIDEO
As written by DAVID MARSHALL
What you will need: a smart phone, a tripod (or something to prop your phone up while you shoot), good lighting, a quiet space to shoot.
How smart is your phone?
the quality of your smartphone will have a big bearing on the quality of the video you capture. There are tools that can help enhance poorly captured video, but there’s no substitute for good equipment in the first instance
1. Find a place in your home or office that is quiet, well lit and where you feel comfortable. If you have a clean wall that is white or a solid color that you can stand in front of, this can be the perfect place to sit while looking like you are in a professional studio!
2. Quiet the space even more. Close all windows and doors. Turn off any fans, heaters or other noises in the room. If you have children, try to shoot when they are napping or at school, so you aren’t distracted.
3. Place your phone in a tripod or propped against books or other objects where it is stable and upright. Make sure to have the camera on the phone set to face you, so that you can shoot and watch yourself on the screen at the same time. Turn your phone on airplane mode to prevent interruptions from callers.
4. Be professional: Dress as you would for a physical presentation , and maintain a professional demeanor. Avoid cursing and slang. Pay attention to the background of shots, I mean your room or office, make sure it looks tidy.
5. Shoot a 5-second test before you begin shooting the video. Check for lighting (bright enough that you can see yourself but not so bright that you look washed out), sound (loud enough that you can be heard without any background noise of trucks driving by, kids crying or TVs in the background),
visuals ( your dressing, should be formal, no fancy glasses. Avoid informal appearance. Remove anything extra or distracting so your GST301 officer can focus on you and your message.
6. print your business plan and sit in front of a good table, place your business plan on the table, start Shooting the 10 munities video. Don’t bury your head in the paper,
Look at the first point, raise your head and explain it briefly while looking at the camera. Look at the business plan in few seconds while talking. Do not read directly, it will come off as copy and paste. Talk about it as if you are doing a physical presentation, just limit the time you look at the paper.
7. Control the Pace
Thinking of your presentation as a conversation is a great way to make your to calm your nerve. But keep it brief and elaborate. Control the pace by setting the pace. Talk in a calm and slow voice and you will do just fine. subject will
8. Once you are finished shooting, review the footage for good lighting and sound. If you want to crop the footage before you upload to the portal, slide your finger slowly along the clip bar at the top of the video screen until a cropping prompt appears.
9. You can use in-shot camera app to enhance the quality of the video.
the official time and size of the video is 10 munities. This does not mean you must finish it in 10 munities.. it simply means, the maximum time allowed is 10 munities . You can use below 10 munities but you must capture/talk about all the main areas of your business plan for validity.
Note: this is a guide for individual presentation. If you want to present in group. There are different video shoot approach. You can also go to Victoria island (Lagos study center and do a physical group presentation.
Stay informed when you download our app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... m.nounites
Get in here, start and or make contribution to interesting gist
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests