1. It’s against the law to burp, or sneeze in a church in Nebraska, USA.
2. You’re born with 300 bones, but by the time you become an adult, you only have 206.
3. Some worms will eat themselves if they can’t find any food!
4. Dolphins sleep with one eye open!
5. Owls are the only birds who can see
the colour blue.
6. A giraffe can clean its ears with its 21-inch tongue
7. An ostrich’s eye is bigger than its brain
8. If you farted consistently for 6 years
and 9 In 1992, enough gas is
produced to create the energy of an
9. A pig's orgasm lasts 30 minutes.
10. The male praying mantis cannot
Reproduce while its head is attached to
its body. The female initiates sex by
ripping the male's head off.
11. Some lions mate over 50 times a day.
12. Butterflies taste with their feet.
13. The strongest muscle in the body is
14. Starfish have no brains.
15. Polar bears are left-handed.
16. Humans and dolphins are the only
species that have sex for pleasure.
17. In France, it is legal to marry a dead
18. Women blink nearly twice as much as
19. One quarter of the bones in your body, are in your feet!
20. Honey is the only food that does not
spoil. Honey found in the tombs of Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted
by archaeologists and found edible.
21. Months that begin on a Sunday will
always have a "Friday the 13th."
22. Tea is said to have been discovered
in 2737 BC by a Chinese emperor when some tea leaves accidentally blew into a pot of boiling water. The tea bag was introduced in 1908 by Thomas Sullivan of New York.
23. It is impossible to lick your elbow
24. Over 55% of people who read this will try to lick their elbow
25. A crocodile can't stick it's tongue out.
26. A shrimp's heart is in it's head.
27. The cigarette lighter was invented
before the match.
28. Ostriches are often not taken seriously. They can run faster than horses, and the males can roar like lions.
29. Human birth control pills can work on Gorillas
30. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
31. Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue
print is different.
32. A crocodile can't move its tongue and
cannot chew. Its digestive juices are so strong that it can digest a steel nail.
33. Money notes are not made from paper, they are made mostly from a
special blend of cotton and linen. In 1932, when a shortage of cash
occurred in Tenino, Washington, USA,
notes were made out of wood for a brief period.
34. Every year about 98% of atoms in
your body are replaced.
35. Hot water is heavier than cold.
36. The female Lion does 90% of the hunting
37. On average, 12 newborns will be
given to the wrong parents daily.
38. Gorillas sleep as much as 14 hours a day
39.Cats sleep up to eighteen hours a day, but never quite as deep as humans. Instead, they fall asleep quickly and wake up intermittently to check to see if their environment is still safe.
40. Leonardo Da Vinci invented scissors.
41. A tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion
will make it instantly go mad and
sting itself to death.
42. Human thigh bones are stronger than concrete.
43. There is a city called Rome on every
44. It’s against the law to have a pet dog
45. Your heart beats over 100,000 times
46. Honey is the only food that does not
spoil. Honey found in the tombs of
Egyptian pharaohs has been tasted by archaeologists and found edible.
47. "Almost" is the longest word in the
English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
48. The first known transfusion of blood
was performed as early as 1667, when Jean-Baptiste, transfused two pints of blood from a sheep to a young man
49. "Rhythm" is the longest English word
without a vowel.
50. In 1386, a pig in France was executed by public hanging for the murder of a child
Get in here, start and or make contribution to interesting gist
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests