NOUN Post Graduate POP Past Questions: PCR715 - Introduction to Conflict Resolution Processes I

Use Past Questions to see how examiner asked questions in the past
Richtubor

NOUN Post Graduate POP Past Questions: PCR715 - Introduction to Conflict Resolution Processes I

Postby Richtubor » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:24 am

Solutions2tma@gmail.com
Whatsapp: 08155572788

NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14/16 AHMADU BELLO WAY VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS
OCTOBER 2013 EXAMINATIONS
School of Arts and Social Sciences

Course Code: PCR715
Course Title: Introduction to Conflict Resolution Processes 1
Duration: 3 Hours.
Instruction: Answer any three questions

1. With short notes on the ten basic standards of international law and the three humanitarian principles. - 23marks.

2. Give a detailed explanation of relational and personal dimensions to peace building.
23 marks.
3. Explain with examples the following requirements of a successful conflict mediation
(a.) commitment (b) resources (c) persistence (d) experience. - 23marks

4. Discuss the multilateral preventive efforts of a global governance institution such as the United Nations on early warning and early response. -
23marks.

5. Identify and discuss with examples five strategies for conflict resolution. – 23 marks

Solutions2tma@gmail.com

Richtubor

Re: NOUN Post Graduate POP Past Questions: PCR715 - Introduction to Conflict Resolution Processes I

Postby Richtubor » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:24 am

Solutions2tma@gmail.com

NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
14-16 AHMADU BELLO WAY, VICTORIA ISLAND LAGOS
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
MARCH/APRIL 2015 EXAMINATION

Programme: Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution

PCR715 INTODUCTION TO CONFLICT RESOLUTION PROCESS I

Time Allowed: 3 hours Instruction: Answer any three questions

1. Explain why Alternative Dispute Resolution is now being embraced and preferred to litigation in Nigeria. – 23marks

2. Who is a mediator and how can a mediator build trust between parties in conflict? - 23marks

3. Discuss International Humanitarian Law with respect to the protection of children and older persons in armed conflicts. – 23marks

4. Discuss the elements of effective planning in negotiation as an alternative dispute resolution platform. – 23marks

5. Explain how women can be involved in peace building in order to achieve gender parity. – 23marks

Solutions2tma@gmail.com