NOUN POP Past Questions: EDA851 - Principles of Institutional Administration in Education

Use Past Questions to see how examiner asked questions in the past
Jed

NOUN POP Past Questions: EDA851 - Principles of Institutional Administration in Education

Postby Jed » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:49 am

Email: Solutions2tma@gmail.com
Whatsapp: 08155572788

ANSWER QUESTION ANY THREE QUESTIONS

1. a)i Explain the concept of Quality Assurance.
ii) Describe THREE inferences that can be drawn from the concept of Quality Assurance.

b)i Why do you consider Quality Assurance as relevant in institutional administration?
ii) Describe FIVE strategic measures that can be adopted to build quality into institutional administration 24marks

2. a) i. Describe the concept of training.
ii Justify the purpose of training in institutional administration. 24marks

3. a) Record keeping is an essential aspect of institutional administration. Discuss.

b) i. With the aid of a diagram, classify school records using User Approach and legal approach.
ii Explain possible constraints facing school administrators in keeping adequate records.

24marks

4. Write short notes on the following:
i) Standardisation ii) Institutional development iii) Time resources iv) Trait Theory
22marks

Jed

Re: NOUN POP Past Questions: EDA851 - Principles of Institutional Administration in Education

Postby Jed » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:50 am

Answer THREE QUESTIONS

1a. Explain the concept of institutional development with emphasis on its purpose.10marks
b. Describe the basic principles that are essential for the realization and administration of formal institutions. 15marks

2a. i. Explain the significance of institutional administration structure. 10marks
Ii Describe extensively the criteria for a good organizational structure. 5 marks
Iii What are the basic characteristics of a formal organization? 5marks

3 a) Record keeping is an essential aspect of institutional administration. Discuss 10 marks

b) i) With the aid of a diagram, attempt the classification of school records using User Approach and Legal Approach 5 marks
ii) Briefly describe TWO types of records under each of the two approaches. 10 marks

4. a) List and discuss FIVE major administrative tasks in school administration as observed by Campbell(1971) and Nwankwo (1981) . 20marks

Jed

Re: NOUN POP Past Questions: EDA851 - Principles of Institutional Administration in Education

Postby Jed » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:56 am

ANSWER ANY THREE QUESTIONS

TIME: 2 HOURS

1. a) List TEN principles of administration as indicated in Fayol’s book titled “General and Industrial Management”.
b) With reference to specific examples give a detailed description of any FIVE general principles of administrative practice.

2. a) Give a detailed description of any FIVE major administrative tasks in school administration.
b) What are the implications of Human Relations Approach on institutional admnistration?

3. a) i) Describe the concept of record management.
ii) Classify types of records in schools and the rationale behind the keeping of these records.
b) Briefly describe the challenges of record management in Nigerian schools.

4. a) Write short notes on the following: i) Democratic leadership ii) Autocratic leadership iii) Laissez faire leadership iv) Transactional leadership v) Pseudo-Democratic Leadership
b) What are the implications of these leadership styles on school administration?

For NOUN News and Updates, Click on the link below to join our Telegram Channel:

https://t.me/joinchat/keXBSkO3kR9lZmI0